In order to be eligible for admission to the programme, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Hold a recognised university degree (any discipline)*.
**For those who are still completing their Spanish degree or equivalent, you will need to apply for authorization from the University Rector and provide evidence that you have completed at least 180 ECTS credits.
**For those who hold a foreign degree certificate, you will need to have first completed your studies in full, and then you will need to apply for authorization from the University Rector, before you can register.
- Have a perfect command of their mother tongue across registers and a natural ability for speaking confidently and eloquently in public.
- Have an excellent command of Spanish and English and a excellent level of understanding of at least one other language.
- Broad general knowledge and good grasp of international current affairs.
- Pass the MIC entrance exam (held in Tenerife / Madrid in June.
Other competencies needed by conference interpreters include:
- Good powers of concentration, analysis and synthesis.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high degree of motivation.
- Mental agility and presence of mind in critical situations.
- Willingness to accept instructions and advice from lecturers and examiners.
- The ability to reflect on one’s own performance, and accept feedback and recommendations from teaching staff and external examiners.